Our implementation of the core calculation logic used by GREAT is now available for download. This package is written in C and includes two tools:
- A tool to calculate computationally-defined gene regulatory domains
- A tool to calculate the genomic region-based binomial enrichment p-value for ontology terms given the regulatory domains of genes annotated with the term and the input regions associated with the term.
To download and install the tools, perform the following steps:
- Download the source code tarball
- Unpack the tarball using the command '
tar xzvf greatTools.tar.gz'
- Follow installation instructions given in the
The logic for associating regions with genes and calculating enrichments is also completely described in our Nature Biotechnology paper.